Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Blogging First


I wasn't quite sure I was going to do this tag, as I've always thought "tags" were a little ridiculous and something people did when they ran out of real ideas (No offense dear friend Amanda who did tag me). But then I wondered if it was some sort of non-optional social obligation? If I didn't do this tag, would I never get tagged again, would that then be the beginning of the end of other social invites: dinner parties, birthday parties, bar mitzvahs?


6 quirky things about me.....

1. I like to use two towels when I shower. Preferably two different colored towels because I like to hang the lighter colored towel closer to me and the darker one farther away because I like to use the lighter colored one to wrap my hair up and the darker one to dry off.

2. When I walk, sometimes I become very aware of stepping on the cracks and if I step on the crack with the ball of the right foot, the left foot has to step on the the crack with the same place on the foot, to balance it out. Same goes for stepping on the crack with the heel, toes, anywhere else. I have a hard time running outside because of all the cracks in the roads/sidewalks because it completely throws off my stride.

3. Similar to #2, when one finger touches something with texture, all the other fingers have to do the same thing. Example, you know the ridge around a steering wheel? The thumb will touch it and then all the other fingers need to. It's horribly obnoxious and can interfere with holding hands with people. I'm pretty sure it's OCD.

4. I have 4 legitimate fears. One of them is that I'm afraid of unfamiliar toilets. That moment of truth right before they actually flush is a little scary. There are so many things that could go wrong and I don't like that.

5. When I eat, I don't mind if sauces run together, but I like to eat all of one food and then move onto the next food.

6. Sometimes I like to get rid of things around the house just to prove to myself that I'm not a pack rat


I now tag...Logan and Steve because they're the only boys who consistently read my blog, and I think that these tags are gender biased and think it's unfair that they only go around on girl blogs.

3 comments:

The Gentry's said...

Number 5 has got to be difficult on Thanksgiving!

Amanda said...

OH Kristen-
I know exactly how you feel. I have always hated tags but then when I was tagged I went through a serious dilemna. Much of which you posted....I swore I would never do tags. And then I had to tag other people just to put them through the same dilemna as I. Neil was quite disgusted that I caved and did a tag because I always made fun of them! But welcome to the blogging world I guess

Whitney Lowe said...

Kristen,
CORRECTION!!! Logan and Steve are Not the only boys who consistently read your blog. Maybe they frequently comment, but i'll have you know that I read your blog almost every weekend. So there.

-Spot

PS - Thanks for not tagging me!