Petition to move Christmas:
1. KristenFriday, December 26, 2008
Sign My Petition
I have a very good relationship with my parents and always have. The only thing I remember arguing with my parents about in high school was practicing piano. I hated it. So I'm pretty sure they were surprised when I wanted a keyboard for Christmas. Of course, I figured they owed it to me since they made me play and now I enjoy it. But thank you anyway parents for your continuing obligation. Although, my mom took a little bit of the fun out of my great new present when she asked, "have you practiced today?" She has been instructed to not ask that question anymore. Post traumatic stress.

So now that Christmas is done and over, I might as well admit that I think the 26th is one of the saddest days of the year. There's nothing to look forward to for a few months other than a long winter ahead. Snow and winter make part of that Christmas feeling, and the lights look great against the white, but after Christmas, it's just snow and misery. It goes from fun festivities to just plain cold. Nothing fun to anticipate, no fun songs like "Walking in a Winter Wonderland" and "Let it Snow" to ease the pain of the cold dreary winter. I petition that we should move Christmas to early February so that after Christmas we only have a little more to endure before spring. Maybe we could make it Feb 14 and just get rid of Valentines Day altogether. Plus, then I won't have to take my tree down yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
2. Logan
and there is nothing rock and roll about practicing.
dang, logan got here before me...
3. Allison
ps...totally understand about everything you wrote about in this blog. basically anytime i read your blog its like reading my own thoughts with your pictures...hmmm.
oh yeah, we need to hang. i get back sunday late night, so i'll be in town.
Dang it-That's what I got you for Christmas. I guess I can take it back. Great minds think alike.
I'll sign your petition. I remember living in Provo and crying the day it snowed in April. Fortunately, here in St. George, spring comes early. Even today there is no snow and a long sleeved shirt is perfect for outside. Of course there are the cold days, but nothing like Provo!
I'll sign it! While I am in Oregon and we have FINALLY gotten rid of the snow that hit us this year, now comes the many many months of rain. Cold, wet, rain. So I am with you, I could stand to listen to all my christmas music for a couple more months, I didn't even get to half of it!
Post a Comment