For the aforementioned baby shower, I did some serious sewing/crafting. The hosts of the shower had asked me to make a few things for the shower. A banner, clothes for a clothes line (as decoration), and a diaper cake. I think they turned out well for my first time doing these things. My favorite thing I made though was Miles' present. Insert praise of oohs and awwwws here:
Saturday, April 17, 2010
My inner crafty side
My roommate is a very talented sewer/crafter/you name it. But she is very modest about her talents. She keeps the things she does very quiet. I'm the opposite, I sew a straight line and I'm showing everyone. Let's face it, I like being praised about the things I'm making. Why else would I post pictures on my blog? I do have to admit though before you think I'm so exceptionally talented, other than the diaper cake, none of these where my original ideas.
For the aforementioned baby shower, I did some serious sewing/crafting. The hosts of the shower had asked me to make a few things for the shower. A banner, clothes for a clothes line (as decoration), and a diaper cake. I think they turned out well for my first time doing these things. My favorite thing I made though was Miles' present. Insert praise of oohs and awwwws here:




For the aforementioned baby shower, I did some serious sewing/crafting. The hosts of the shower had asked me to make a few things for the shower. A banner, clothes for a clothes line (as decoration), and a diaper cake. I think they turned out well for my first time doing these things. My favorite thing I made though was Miles' present. Insert praise of oohs and awwwws here:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I'll be the first to offer my praise. (And it's totally sincere!) These are AWESOME!!!!!!! Your quilt, cake, clothes, and banner are all A.DOR.A.BLE.!! I totally admire your willingness to try and learn new things. These are all super cute!
I am very impressed! that quilt is adorable! looks really good. and your other shower decor is really cute as well! well done.
why are you amazing at everything you do? please share some of your talents with the rest of us! i am so impressed!
So I'd like to pay you to make a quilt for my next baby....what kind of price are we talking? Do you take requests??
(ps-i'm not kidding)
Ohhhh, Ahhhh, those are SUPER cute! I love the giraffe and the color scheme. And I love the banner too. Your friend is so lucky to have a friend like you!
Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing as Amanda.... except hopefully I'll be asking for something with a girly theme. :) You really did an amazing job! I am so impressed!
so I'm not quite sure how much time Miles will be able to spend curled up in the quilt because I am soo incredicly hooked on how soft and comfy it is!! yes i am using it...i figure i'm still carrying him so by default he is using it too lol!! love you!!!
Um- yeah so you're amazing. Will you give me sewing lessons some day? I just love that darling blanket- and the diaper cake- so cute!
Post a Comment