Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Probably not smarter than a 5th grader

This year our family decided to trade in our standard trip to Hawaii for something different. Instead of soaking up the sun, laying on the beach, and reading books I don't usually have time for we went to... Virginia. My mom was pretty excited about it. Me, not so much. I just wasn't sure Virginia could compete with Hawaii. It can't. But it was still fun. Maybe because I actually really like history, and it was shocking to realize how much of my public education history I have forgotten. I'm sure my teachers tried, but I didn't remember much from early American history, so it was like learning it all for the first time again.

If given the choice I'd still probably take Hawaii over Virginia, but it was still well worth the trip.


(Yeah, that's my great times 17 grandpa mentioned in the plaque...)

2 comments:

Logg said...

Ah Virginia. The Mother of Presidents. The Old Dominion state.
I miss you old friend, especially your beautiful autumn colors and slightly less-beautiful residents.

The Gentry's said...

Your family looks the same as they did 8 years ago! Can you believe it has been that long?? I think I'd take Hawaii over Virgina too, but at this point I'm not one to be picky, I just NEED a vacation!