Although, it must have worked because this year I finally decided to carry on the holiday tradition of making scones (with the help of the new non-stick rolling pin and lots of calls to my mother) and cook a roast for the first time for New Year's Day.
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Domesticality
My parents have never been the parents to put on the pressure about marriage. Always just stating that when it's right it will happen. Maybe that's been the problem: not enough pressure. However, I think my mom is starting to want grand kids, as this year's Christmas felt like a gentle push towards becoming more domestic. Waiting under the tree for me was: a sewing machine, a rolling pin, a kitchen strainer, dish towels, and some pans for making bread. Subtle mom. Very subtle.
Although, it must have worked because this year I finally decided to carry on the holiday tradition of making scones (with the help of the new non-stick rolling pin and lots of calls to my mother) and cook a roast for the first time for New Year's Day.

Although, it must have worked because this year I finally decided to carry on the holiday tradition of making scones (with the help of the new non-stick rolling pin and lots of calls to my mother) and cook a roast for the first time for New Year's Day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
mmmm...ALWAYS loved your cooking!
You are becoming so domesticated! I'm jealous!
I had a similar experience a few years ago...didn't really help. This year however proved much more fun: snowpants, backpack, tent, snowshoes, etc. Can we be friends?
That roast looks awesome!!! I got a rolling pin too! Wish I got all the other stuff too, but no. Just the rolling pin! Sigh.
yay!!! a new sewing machine!
If you listen closely you might be able to hear me laughing ALL the way from California ♥ LOVE your Mom!!
Post a Comment