Saturday, March 27, 2010

I hate March Madness

I am never doing a March Madness bracket again. I have done one every year since 1998, when I picked all of the Final 4 teams: Kentucky, Utah, North Carolina, and Stanford. Kentucky because the boy I liked liked Kentucky, Utah because they were in the same conference as BYU, North Carolina because I like their colors, and Stanford because they are our home team. I have never lived up to my own standard since. And so every year I am thoroughly disappointed and this year seems to be the worst. We did a pool at work and even with the Kansas, Villanova, and Syracuse upsets I managed to stay in the top 3 until last night. It was Ohio St that started the downhill spiral, and Kentucky who just broke my heart. I get so darn emotional, anxious and too personally invested. Understatement. I'm just not sure I can do this to myself anymore. I'm not even sure I'll watch any more games. Go Butler, because nobody in our pool picked them past the second round.

4 comments:

Callie said...

I hear you. Except it was Kansas State and Kansas that did our family in. Boo. Don't worry, it was just a bad year (i won the family pool last year. and you can't win every year right?)

shandy said...

Come on little camper...you'll make it alright. I've decided that way to win is throw the statistics out the window and choose based on colors, locations, and weather patterns. When THAT happens, the stars align themselves and the madness stops. (Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU! I got out early too.)

Amanda said...

Just be glad that I taught you the difference between Football and Basketball!

Unknown said...

Christian Louboutin Ankle Boots, 2015 Hot Jerseys, Oakland Raiders Jerseys, San Diego Chargers Jerseys, NFL Hoodies Jerseys, Carolina Panthers Jerseys, San Francisco 49ers Jerseys, NY Rangers Jerseys, Buffalo Bills Jerseys, Houston Texans Jerseys, San Jose Sharks Jerseys, Buffalo Sabres Jerseys, Cleveland Browns Jerseys, St.Louis Rams Jerseys, Boston Bruins Jerseys, New York Giants Jerseys, Cincinnati Bengals Jerseys, Olympic Jerseys, Chicago Bears Jerseys, Minnesota Vikings Jerseys, cheap sale jerseys, Phoenix Coyotes Jerseys, Christian Louboutin Special Occasion, Christian Louboutin Shoes, Christian Louboutin Ballerinas, new nba hoodies jerseys, NHL Hoodies Jerseys , Baltimore Ravens Jerseys, Winter Olympics Jerseys, Minnesota Wild Jerseys, Christian Louboutin Pumps