Sunday, June 20, 2010

It's the Real Thing

I went with my mom on her trip to Atlanta. She was working the trip, which was fortunate for her because she was being paid to go as well as being guaranteed a flight to Atlanta. I did not have either of those advantages. I left early Friday morning after work and spent the next 19 hours travelling to Atlanta. Most of those spent in the Denver airport either sleeping or paying too much for food just so I could go in and watch the World Cup. I then spent the next 26 hours enjoying Atlanta with my mom doing such touristy things as visiting CNN and the World of Coke. For dinner we decided to go local and ate fried chicken and tried the okra, pickled watermelon rinds, collard greens, and other such Southern foods I don't quite understand. Then followed it up with dessert from The Varsity. We went to bed early because I had to wake up at 330 the next morning just to spend the next 24 hours travelling home. I went from Atlanta, Washington DC, LA, to San Francisco where I got stuck and BARELY made it back to Salt Lake. Yes, I spent way more time gettting to and from Atlanta than I actually spent there, but totally worth it.









3 comments:

Pops said...

good to see you are alive and well...we've moved...talk about an adventure Linda

Amanda said...

Dang-the asian above stole the exact quote I was going to use!! Oh well. The friend chicken looks amazing. When are you coming to logan to play?

rebecs said...

oh... that last comment makes me laugh. wow, didnt know you spent most the time traveling... got to love the south!