Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Remember when I cheated my way to the summit

In the little goody bag from one the the 5ks we ran earlier in the summer Ashley and I got free passes to use the Snowbird chair lift/tram. I had never been to Snowbird in the summer and I realized quickly I really enjoyed being there without having to worry about 15 lbs of gear, and trying to navigate the stairs in boots. Especially ski boots, I'm HORRIBLE at walking in those. Probably the #1 reason I prefer snowboarding. Plus, I got to venture to places I'm not good enough to visit in the winter. I was most excited to hike to the summit of Mt. Baldy. There might not have been as much satisfaction since we rode the lift nearly to the summit, but it was nice to reach 11,068 feet in a 20 minute hike. And then ride the chairlift down, which I have never done before. It's such a disgraceful thing to do in the winter, but not in the summer!

Just below this is where you start hiking...I know, it's cheating

The pictures don't do justice to the wildflowers everywhere