Although my personal support for the proposition stems from my religious beliefs, I think the matter is bigger than that. There are many who shrug their shoulders and say, "this doesn't affect me, let people do what they want." This is not true. This is not just about marriage and it WILL affect everyone. For example, schools will change their curriculum to teach that same sex attraction is normal and same sex marriage appropriate, beginning at a very young age. Here's a video about what is already happening in Boston. It's alarming. As well as first graders in San Francisco being taken to City Hall for a gay marriage on a school sponsored field trip. The Catholic Charities in Boston no longer handles adoptions, because they were told they can't follow their beliefs to only place children in homes with a mother and a father. A gynecologist in Vista, CA refused to do in vitro fertilization for a lesbian couple and is being sued, a psychologist refused to give counseling to a lesbian couple and was fired, a wedding photographer refused to shoot a commitment ceremony and was sued for discrimination. All these people cited their reasons for refusal as religion but their religious liberties were "side-stepped." These examples and more can be found here. There are examples everywhere and they are clear: this will affect you. This is opening Pandora's box for the phrase "equal rights" to trump any belief you might have. That's the irony: rights are being taken away in the name of equal rights. I do not agree with this. This is frightening.
Things you can do:
1-If you're still unsure on the issue or have further questions, ASK! Here are some helpful websites to do some homework.
Protect Marriage
Preserving the Divine Institution of Marriage
2- If you do support this cause, donate. I've even taken the work out of it, CLICK HERE
This proposition is not an attack on anyone. We can have tolerance for others while still maintaining and advocating our standards and beliefs. It is, however, a defense of my beliefs and standards. I do firmly believe that, "marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God, and the formation of families is central to the Creator’s plan for His children." I believe that the strength of our society will only be as strong as the families that live in them.
15 comments:
KP, i love it. I learned a lot from your blog...for sure Yes on 8! AND i love the picture!
Thank you Kristin. YOu made me realize that I need to take a definite stand on this issue, especially since I live here. I have helped making calls and stuff but I haven't really stepped out of my comfort zone and made a declaration. Thank you for being a strong example.
I'm totally in support.
Great comments! We discussed in my class today. I was surprised by how many were uninformed. But many are very supportive and even thanked me for discussing it in class.
It was fun listening to you guys have a political/moral discussion about Prop 8 before dinner yesterday. As you know at our house (when Logan is there especially), we shy away from serious discussions in favor of the light-hearted and crazy.
What a good idea putting this on your blog! Good Job!! :)
Awesome post. I have been meaning to post about it myself, but maybe I'll just refer everyone to yours. You say everything I wanted to but didn't know how!
Amen!! Thanks for making a public post about it. Too many people are ill informed and it's too big an issue to let pass by without doing all we can - even if we don't currently live in CA! Good for you!
Cassie
KP, you rock my world on this one. I haven't taken much of a stand on this one, but, even though I don't live there, I need to take a stand. And thanks for arming me with arguments about how it's not taking any rights away, just defining something. I love it! I hope you're well!
Awesome! Can I put a post on my blog refering them to yours? Or can I copy/paste and cite you and your blog as the reference? You are awesome and I love how you put this! I agree whole heartedly!
ps Have you seen Gavin Hansen's blog? Its so cute! Go to Whit's and then click on Gavin's. I haven't seen him since he was 17- he definitely looks grown up!
Kristen, what in the world! I didn't know how sick you had been when you told me you'd been sick! I'm so glad you are doing better! It was so much fun to see your whole family and see pics of Logan. I like his name... sounds powerful.
Please tell your wonderful parents that I love them all the way to Heaven and back. Do you think now that I live in UT that your mom would add me to the long list of people she brings cherry tomatoes to? I LOOOOOOVE them, and now I have a yard to grow them :)
Glad to know you are better. Raf
PS: Has anyone heard from Spencer Zitzman, Debbie Wells or Carrie Fafard? Raf
PS II: I went in to Hutch's and spent some time with Grandma. I'm happy to report, after all these years, I'm still her favorite Argentine in the whole wide world!
i concur. muy bien chica!
Christian Louboutin Ankle Boots, 2015 Hot Jerseys, Oakland Raiders Jerseys, San Diego Chargers Jerseys, NFL Hoodies Jerseys, Carolina Panthers Jerseys, San Francisco 49ers Jerseys, NY Rangers Jerseys, Buffalo Bills Jerseys, Houston Texans Jerseys, San Jose Sharks Jerseys, Buffalo Sabres Jerseys, Cleveland Browns Jerseys, St.Louis Rams Jerseys, Boston Bruins Jerseys, New York Giants Jerseys, Cincinnati Bengals Jerseys, Olympic Jerseys, Chicago Bears Jerseys, Minnesota Vikings Jerseys, cheap sale jerseys, Phoenix Coyotes Jerseys, Christian Louboutin Special Occasion, Christian Louboutin Shoes, Christian Louboutin Ballerinas, new nba hoodies jerseys, NHL Hoodies Jerseys , Baltimore Ravens Jerseys, Winter Olympics Jerseys, Minnesota Wild Jerseys, Christian Louboutin Pumps
Post a Comment