Let's be honest, it's really not all too hard to make me blush. Having said that, I've never felt that I've had an embarassing moment. I've been embarassed for sure, many times. But never had one of those, "I really wish I didn't exist right now" moments. Until now. But it really was so embarassingly humorous that I feel it should be shared.
I was flying home from my family vacation chatting it up with the guy next to me (he was also a respiratory therapist, we had lots to talk about) when I felt the need to ask him what the airplane etiquette was for vomitting on an airplane. This has never happened to me before, and the fasten seat belt sign was lighted. I had no choice but to frantically look for a barf bag. It was so embarassing! In case you were wondering, there is no quiet way to vomit from your seat on a plane--in first class no less--it was classy. And not just once, but 4 times. And as if this wasn't enough, the lady in front of me turned around and said, "oh, sweetie, is this your first time flying?" To add insult to injury! No! I've been flying since I was a fetus! I tried to explain that I have Crohn's, happens all the time, nobody panic, it's not contagious, it's no big deal, but nobody could hear me through my continued retching. Everyone kept sneaking nervous glances at me. As I left the plane, the guy next to me yelled "next time you shouldn't drink so much before a flight." At least he thought it was funny.
Friday, October 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oopsies-I must say I've never thrown up on a plane but I can imagine how embarrassing it would be. But look on the bright side, at least it wasn't somewhere where you go regularly and see the same people all the time. I'm sure they will forget about it in a few years time. I know I've blocked out your violent episodes from Ricks....except this blog brought them all rushing back!
Wow! I have been waiting all week for this story and it didn't disappoint!
Christian Louboutin Ankle Boots, 2015 Hot Jerseys, Oakland Raiders Jerseys, San Diego Chargers Jerseys, NFL Hoodies Jerseys, Carolina Panthers Jerseys, San Francisco 49ers Jerseys, NY Rangers Jerseys, Buffalo Bills Jerseys, Houston Texans Jerseys, San Jose Sharks Jerseys, Buffalo Sabres Jerseys, Cleveland Browns Jerseys, St.Louis Rams Jerseys, Boston Bruins Jerseys, New York Giants Jerseys, Cincinnati Bengals Jerseys, Olympic Jerseys, Chicago Bears Jerseys, Minnesota Vikings Jerseys, cheap sale jerseys, Phoenix Coyotes Jerseys, Christian Louboutin Special Occasion, Christian Louboutin Shoes, Christian Louboutin Ballerinas, new nba hoodies jerseys, NHL Hoodies Jerseys , Baltimore Ravens Jerseys, Winter Olympics Jerseys, Minnesota Wild Jerseys, Christian Louboutin Pumps
Post a Comment