In 'N Out recently opened in Utah. You'd think I'd be pretty excited about this considering I love In 'N Out. It's a must eat whenever I go home. However, I have been in staunch opposition to their presence in Northern Utah (I've made my peace with the location in St. George). Here's the premise of my dislike:
~The best part of In 'N Out is knowing that when I'm eating there I'm not in Utah. It's a vacation food.
~ I don't think In 'N Outs should exist in places where you have to plow the drive through. Or where you can't have the trademark palm trees out front. It's just not right.
So long before they opened I vowed to boycott In 'N Out in Utah. Here's the problem: I drive past the one in Orem at least 3 times a week, and I know what I'm missing. It looks so good. And the long line doesn't even seem so long anymore because I want to eat some so bad.
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Agreed, I think, with the anti-expansion. I don't want to deny the good people of Utah the joy of the double-double, but you're right. It's not natural.
agreed. i've eaten there once. melanie's choice. it was weird. i don't think i'll eat there often at all, but give in and eat it. no point in being stubborn when there's good food around!
You are right on. I'm sick of UT trying to be more like CA. The people move here, the restaurants move here... what next? ha
I have to say, since moving to AZ and having them ALL over I thought I'd want to eat there ALL of the time. Granted their burgers beat all. (I don't like the fries) but for some reason having it at arms length just makes it seem so much less exciting.
It is exciting for those in Utah who have never been to AZ, CA or other places that have them. Now they can enjoy the goodness!
So here's my dilemma...you know that if In 'N Out wasn't here we'd be run over by Chatters and all of the other imposters. I'd rather be tempted by the real thing than taunted by the knock offs. But honestly, I think really what you're dealing with is the loss of exclusivity. In 'N Out used to be something that only CA had that separated it from the crowd. But don't worry, you still have the legacy of the Govenator that nobody else can take away from you :-)
Christian Louboutin Ankle Boots, 2015 Hot Jerseys, Oakland Raiders Jerseys, San Diego Chargers Jerseys, NFL Hoodies Jerseys, Carolina Panthers Jerseys, San Francisco 49ers Jerseys, NY Rangers Jerseys, Buffalo Bills Jerseys, Houston Texans Jerseys, San Jose Sharks Jerseys, Buffalo Sabres Jerseys, Cleveland Browns Jerseys, St.Louis Rams Jerseys, Boston Bruins Jerseys, New York Giants Jerseys, Cincinnati Bengals Jerseys, Olympic Jerseys, Chicago Bears Jerseys, Minnesota Vikings Jerseys, cheap sale jerseys, Phoenix Coyotes Jerseys, Christian Louboutin Special Occasion, Christian Louboutin Shoes, Christian Louboutin Ballerinas, new nba hoodies jerseys, NHL Hoodies Jerseys , Baltimore Ravens Jerseys, Winter Olympics Jerseys, Minnesota Wild Jerseys, Christian Louboutin Pumps
Post a Comment