So another aspect of my hibernation from blogland and real life is that I hadn't been feeling very well the last few months. Not to panic, I'm doing better now, thanks to my fantastic doctor, and no thanks to my immune system. I couldn't say anything at the time, as I was trying to hide it all from my mom, and would have succeeded until my parents surprised me and showed up for Thanksgiving day. Being the good mom she is, she worries too much.
I was on some medications that required me to get IV infusions twice a day. I had the option to be in the hospital for a few weeks or learn to take care of it on my own. Obvious choice. So I came home with a PICC line, laymans terms: an IV that goes to the heart. I'd like to say this is just a bad picture of me, as it is, but it's really what I looked like for a few weeks if I wasn't at work. It was really hard to wrap my arm for a shower, and then shower one handed, and get ready one handed. Plus, trying to find an outfit that hid my bulging bicep but would also fit over it, and that still left me access to it. Plus I didn't feel really stellar. Too much effort. So I bought 5 seasons (no, not season 5) of "Scrubs" and laid up on the sofa.


10 comments:
I'm glad you're feeling better! That looks a little miserable. Also, you're so considerate to try to keep your parents from worrying. My mom is a worrywart but I have no problem whining anyway. :)
Keep taking care of yourself!
oh my goodness!
Oh my! that's scary. I hope your immune system stays healthy!!! you really should soak up all the attention from mom and dad. I'm glad that you are better and that you don't have to find bicepy tops anymore. It's a pain to try to shower with one arm, I know all about that. Okay so no more scrubs watching and back to normal life, ay?!
Kristen Pace-
I am very mad at you. You made this little "sickness" sound very mundane. You shouldn't hide this. I could have been down there in 2 hours to help you do your hair at least!
you are in trouble! How do I not know about this? I would have brought you meals and movies and friendship and anything else under the sun you needed! I can't believe I did not know...I am so sorry and hope you are on the up and up.
Kristen,
I admire you. So many things about you. This is yet another - I would be such a baby crying all the details of my situation on the phone to my mom. You're awesome. May Heavenly Father bless you! Merry Christmas my friend!
Glad you're feeling better!
Wow- that doesn't sound fun at all!
Hey Kamikaze, Guess you are getting some pretty good war wounds, eh? ;) I am so sorry you had to be in the hospital, etc. Is this all Crohns related or something else? You are amazing. I got the tiniest scratch in my eye a week ago and couldn't function. (It's all better now and all on it's own... yeah, that's how bad it wasn't). Any way, good luck and keep me posted, ok?
Oh man...no fun! Hope things are better lately. When are you going to be in Salt Lake next? we'd love to have you over for dinner.
Post a Comment