Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I wonder if I'd quilt if my friends didn't have babies

There are so many things I love about this quilt, but one of them is not the picture quality. I just get too impatient (shocking, I know) to wait for lighting or help or any number of things that would make this quilt more presentable. But I figure my fans will forgive me.

1. I love that this quilt was for my friend's little boy who was born with a bowel obstruction and has already had a resection. I knew from the start I had a special place for him because, well, people like that are just awesome. We've already bonded.

2. I love that this quilt's twin has a similar story. Both were for my best friend's little boys. Both boys were born with complications that required immediate surgery. Both boys were in the hospital for month/s. Both boys are just tiny and adorable.

3. I love this fabric. Mostly because this time around I appreciated it more since I had just returned from Africa and every animal I sewed reminded me of seeing them in person.

4. I love that sewing this gave me a break from wedding plans. Enough said.

5. I love that I finally found a use for a math major. Just kidding. I found a similar quilt on line, but couldn't find a pattern so I just showed it to Kyle, told him how big I wanted the blocks, and he did all the math to figure out the pattern. The only hiccup was I forgot to explain seam allowance, so it did end up a little smaller than my original plan. So this pattern is a KP original.


8 comments:

Allison Murray said...

kyle is very useful!

Callie said...

super cute quilt. Love the colors and the animals. You know a lot of special kiddos.

Jeff and Brandi said...

Oh my goodness! This is so cute. If I have another baby do I get a quilt? Maybe I could use that as a selling point to Jeff...

rebecs said...

WOW, you made this! It is one of my favorites that you have made so far. Very well done, its adorable. love the pattern. who knows, maybe you will design your own patterns one day. ;)

Amanda said...

Thanks again for the wonderful quilt. We love it. We are going to use it tomorrow right after we are released from the hospital!!

Cassondra said...

Are you kidding me?? That is the cutest thing I have ever seen!!!

I finally have a boy...any chance I can commission one of these??

P.S. I'm so excited for you and Kyle! Congratulations!!

Unknown said...


Nice blog !!!
thanks for sharing
Thiet ke nha quan 2 |
Thiet ke nha dep tai tp hcm |
Nha pho dep o quan 7 |
Biet thu dep o quan 8 |
Noi that dep o quan 1 |
Thiet ke nha dep o tan phu |

Science Educational Equipments said...


A very informative post.If looking for a
Electrical Electronics Trainers do visit acumen labware.