Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Peachy Trip Home

The theme for my weekend at home was "Things we've lived near forever but never actually visited as a family." We went to Muir woods, Mare Island, and walked across the Golden Gate. Okay, we didn't end up walking across it because it was so cold. But does eating lunch at the headlands count all the same?

The best part of my trip home though was that all four of my parent's peach trees are in season. I ate sickening amounts of peaches, peach milkshakes, peaches 'n cream, etc. I may never want to eat peaches again. Okay, that's a downright lie.


7 comments:

Amanda said...

Even I've been to Muir woods......shame on you

Allison Murray said...

YAY!!!! HOME! i'm headed there tomorrow and we're going to do those very same things to celebrate my dad's birthday.

Bec, Tim and Boys said...

Yay! I love seeing pics of all the Paces! Is Muir Woods the "Redwood Forest"? or are they two separate places? No, I haven't been there either! Except for remember that group date we went on to the Muir Woods beach? Does that count?

The Gentry's said...

Wait a minute, I remember going to Muir woods with you in the summer of 2001. I have pics too!! (or was that just Brandon? I'm not at home to double check!) How fun to go home to visit. You've gotta love the west coast :)

The Young Family said...

I'm loving the peaches and I LOVED the milkshake! I'm glad you went home too!

Wade family said...

i think my family needs to take a trip like that and visit all the places we HAVEN'T been even though we lived so close!

The Perkes Family said...

I like seeing the pictures of your family! One of these times we need to coordinate when we will be home at the same time :) Are you still considering coming up this way some time? I would love to see you.