I have always considered myself a healthy person. I eat lots of fruits and vegetables, I don't enjoy much junk food, my mom taught me about well balanced meals, and consider myself a relatively active person.
But this morning I realized I may have to reconsider. This was after I took a puff on my inhaler and swallowed my 6 morning pills.
Today marks 6 months from when I had surgery on my gut, due to Crohn's. The illeocecectomy to be exact. I won't gore you with the details, some stomachs just aren't ready to hear about it (but I do have pictures of my insides if you're interested and I love showing them!). But I'm pretty much back to 100%. I've gained most of the weight back, I had lost 30 lbs. I can eat mostly anything, improved from the NOTHING I could eat the month before surgery. I no longer instinctively hold onto my gut when I cough (I still do when I sneeze). And I haven't thrown up since I've had surgery, a drastic improvement in life!
So although my 100% is not the same as those healthy people I used to think I was a part of, I'm doing very well, thank you.
People complain about hospital food--after not eating in over two weeks--I thought it tasted pretty good
4 comments:
Kristen,
I had no idea you had Crohns Disease! I am so happy for you to be doing so well! I have a really good friend whose father has had Crohns his whole life so I've been learning a lot more about it. Bless you for being a fighter and having a good attitude! It sounds like you are being very blessed!
Teeny-
Glad to hear you are doing so well. We still haven't compared scars though.....next time for sure!
Here's to another good 6 months.
--Amanda
Hey, you can't have a cute hospital picture! No fair! :) I am glad you are feeling well, 6 pills and all. I agree with you on hospital food - I have always liked it, actually. I guess I like anything I don't personally have to cook, though! Good luck with your guts in the future!
P.S. I was blog hopping on Logan's blog and I had to laugh at his post of having IBS - is that what brought you two together? :) j/k, but seriously, I did laugh out loud! :)
Post a Comment