We did have a similar poison bears experience. This time in the middle of the night Brian jumped out of his sleeping bag, grabbed the top blankets we each were using, and took them outside the tent and started shaking them. I kept asking what he was doing, but all he could say was to get out of the tent. I was not getting out of my sleeping bag, I remembered last time. So he came in and started examining the edge of the tent with the headlamp. I just kept staring, completely confused and he went back to shaking the blankets. Finally he stopped, looked at me and said, "it was probably a dream, huh? There aren't any poison scorpions." Yeah, probably. But at least he had listened to my instructions from last time, and only woke me up for a poisonous scary animal.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Denial, Not just a river in Africa
The leaves are changing, the mornings are crisp, and the days are shortening. It's fall, and summer is over. I, however, am still refusing to accept this eventuality. So Brian and I decided to go to Moab for the weekend, where it still felt like summer. My other friend Brian and his wife are park rangers at Canyonlands, so we stayed with them and got to enjoy all the benefits of backyard camping while actually camping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Wow! Those are 2 really cool pictures! I'm glad you got to get away to warm weather for the weekend. Yeah, we're still running the AC down here! Too bad you didn't get a very good night's rest! :)
Poisonous scorpions huh? Brian has some crazy dreams. At least there is always a sane person in this relationship.
You can come visit any time you need to get to warmer weather! It of course won't be as grand as Zions or Moab, but close ;)
I think Brian has a sleeping problem... :) I'm in denial too...not happy about the snow coming
Christian Louboutin Ankle Boots, 2015 Hot Jerseys, Oakland Raiders Jerseys, San Diego Chargers Jerseys, NFL Hoodies Jerseys, Carolina Panthers Jerseys, San Francisco 49ers Jerseys, NY Rangers Jerseys, Buffalo Bills Jerseys, Houston Texans Jerseys, San Jose Sharks Jerseys, Buffalo Sabres Jerseys, Cleveland Browns Jerseys, St.Louis Rams Jerseys, Boston Bruins Jerseys, New York Giants Jerseys, Cincinnati Bengals Jerseys, Olympic Jerseys, Chicago Bears Jerseys, Minnesota Vikings Jerseys, cheap sale jerseys, Phoenix Coyotes Jerseys, Christian Louboutin Special Occasion, Christian Louboutin Shoes, Christian Louboutin Ballerinas, new nba hoodies jerseys, NHL Hoodies Jerseys , Baltimore Ravens Jerseys, Winter Olympics Jerseys, Minnesota Wild Jerseys, Christian Louboutin Pumps
Post a Comment