Saturday, January 10, 2009

Can't I get a little sympathy?!


I'm very anxious about a problem in my life right now. I can tell because I'm losing sleep over it. I wake up far too early and just lay in bed thinking and fretting and trying to come up with solutions for said problem. And when I'm awake, I spend all my waking time on it too. When I talked to my parents about it, they laughed. As was the response from several friends, accompanied with some rather sarcastic remarks. This is not the first time in recent history that my problems just haven't received the level of sympathy I was hoping for. For example, nobody really cares when your big problem is that you can't gain weight, no matter how hard you try, and so your normal clothes don't fit. Even if the cause is a life altering chronic illness.

Right now, my big worry is how I'm going to fit all my trips in this year. I have several options, all of them feasible, but I'm not sure how to work them all in, and if I'll have the money to do it.
Here's the breakdown:
Jan--Japan
Feb--China
March--Mesa Verde/Havasupai
April--Grand Canyon/Paria Canyon
May--Hawaii
June--Glacier NP/Mt. Rushmore
Sept--South East Asia
Nov--Africa
March 2010--Antartica

And then, in the next few years, I have to reach:
New Zealand
Patagonia South America (not to be confused with the store I frequent)
St. Petersburg, Russia
Jordan/Israel
I know, nobody cares.

9 comments:

angela386 said...

What about July, August, October, and December? We have more planning to do!

Unknown said...

I didn't think I could leave you a comment, yeah.

The Gentry's said...

Make sure you leave Korea open for a few years down the line. I wouldn't want you to chose not to come visit because you have already "been there done that". I'm thinking maybe 4 years, is that too far in advance to plan??

Kelsey Ann said...

I say if you are single, life up the life. And if traveling is it, don't leave anything out!
I lived in Japan for awhile, call me if you go up North to Sapporo...

Meghan said...

Kristen you're so funny! I hope you find a way to squeeze in all you fun trips! I'm so jealous! What great adventures you're having!

I'm glad you appreciate my "German hit" when I frequent your page. I'm afraid I don't make a very good blog-stalker because everyone knows the crazy German hits are from me!! :-)

Allison Murray said...

i actually am very concerned about this. you really need to be able to get those all in, it is very important. traveling is fun and for sure needed! I would care evevn more if you wanted to pay for me to accompany you on those trips...

Cassondra said...

Good luck, Kristen! I wish I were worried about such a thing!! :) I look forward to reading your travel reports and seeing pictures of all your exciting adventures!

Callie said...

My only advice is for Mt Rushmore, and that is to make sure you go when all of the Harley guys are there. I have pictures from when I was a small child will probably thousands of Harleys at Mt Rushmore. I still feel cool.

Unknown said...

Christian Louboutin Ankle Boots, 2015 Hot Jerseys, Oakland Raiders Jerseys, San Diego Chargers Jerseys, NFL Hoodies Jerseys, Carolina Panthers Jerseys, San Francisco 49ers Jerseys, NY Rangers Jerseys, Buffalo Bills Jerseys, Houston Texans Jerseys, San Jose Sharks Jerseys, Buffalo Sabres Jerseys, Cleveland Browns Jerseys, St.Louis Rams Jerseys, Boston Bruins Jerseys, New York Giants Jerseys, Cincinnati Bengals Jerseys, Olympic Jerseys, Chicago Bears Jerseys, Minnesota Vikings Jerseys, cheap sale jerseys, Phoenix Coyotes Jerseys, Christian Louboutin Special Occasion, Christian Louboutin Shoes, Christian Louboutin Ballerinas, new nba hoodies jerseys, NHL Hoodies Jerseys , Baltimore Ravens Jerseys, Winter Olympics Jerseys, Minnesota Wild Jerseys, Christian Louboutin Pumps