Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I also hate making my bed

Yesterday I had to make the most excruciating purchase of my life. A vacuum. Nothing could be more lame. Yes, there are things that are more lame, but none that are this expensive! I debated for a few weeks after my old vacuum died. I didn't really want to spend too much money, but then what's the point of getting one that will die in a year. I decided on one that was still more than I wanted to spend, but not the most expensive. Although, my price of "more than I wanted to spend" started at about $15. It was just so painful spending that much money for something that I will use to do something I HATE doing. In my world, vacuuming is one of the worst chores, second only to cleaning the bathroom. When I received the dead vacuum (RIP) I thought it was the worst wedding present, but now that I've had to buy one, in retrospect, that was the best present ever. It saved me from having to go through what I'm going through now. It was a good vacuum, and lasted quite a long time, in fact, 4 years longer than the marriage.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

I laughed out loud as I read this post! I know how you feel-I have a swiffer mop and it pains me each time I use it because the replacement pads are about a million dollars each. I couldn't bring myself to buy one and so we asked for one for Christmas from Neil's parents. THen I didn't have to fork over any money but then I had the personal struggle of "Was I wasting a christmas gift?" by asking for this. It is a no win situation.

Logg said...

Married? What?

Tobler said...

Thank you! I thought I was going to choke when we were registering for vacuums a few weeks ago! I had no idea they were so expensive... who would want to spend so much money on something so lame?

This is all talking about upright vacuums, by the way - not dustbusters. Dustbusters are awesome.

Cassondra said...

hahaha! I know how you feel! I'm finding myself wishing for a nicer vacuum and a little embarrassed by how my wish list is changing through the years... :)

Wade family said...

I also hate making my bed, what's the purpose... you're just going to sleep in it again in about 14 hours... And vacuums, you would probably gag if I told you how much we spent on our vacuum but it was the best purchase ever. I love our vacuum and I don't like vacuuming either, so I suggest a Kirby vacuum.

Meg said...

LOL! I feel your pain! I'm sure this is too late, seeing as how your new, delightful vacuum has already been purchased.....but you should consider getting an I-Robot Roomba. We have one and it's awesome! All you have to do is push a button, and it will vacuum the room for you!

Tiffany said...

I totally know how you feel. When our crappy little vacumm broke that we got from our wedding, I couldn't bring myself to get a new one. And i wanted another crapy one, but then my husband talked me into getting a nicer one so we don't have to replace it in a year. DId i mention I hate cleaning?

shandy said...

this could possibly be my new favorite blog post. period. no questions. i think you're great. i think we should be friends. are you going to be in the country any time in the near future?