Thursday, May 14, 2009

Ding Dong the mouse is dead

Last week I discovered I had a mouse friend in my backyard. Now, under different circumstances I think we could have been friends. He was kinda cute in that he was so small, and my favorite children's book is "If you give a mouse a cookie", and that mouse is adorable. But our relationship got off to a bad start. He was always coming out of nowhere, scaring me, scurrying around with no purpose. It just wasn't working. One of us had to go, and since I had access to D-Con and a mouse trap--his number was up.

However, the story ended up playing out much differently. The heroine of the story being my mother. I had used my grill the other night and after it cooled down my mother went outside to cover the bottom of the grill so the mouse couldn't get inside. She lifted up the grill, not realizing the mouse was already in the bottom of the grill. It scared her so bad she dropped the grill and managed to trap the mouse between the grill and the side of the grill. In doing so, it also killed him. It couldn't have been timed better. I got rid of my pest, he got a quick send off to mouse heaven. Thanks mom! But I'm keeping the D-Con, I'm sure he has friends. And don't worry friends, the BBQ grill is safe, we cleaned it really well.





4 comments:

Logg said...

God speed little guy. When you get to mouse heaven look up my old friend Chupchic. He lived with Chris and I awhile.
Who would have ever thought something that small could produce that volume of smell?

Rob D. said...

Sad, poor little guy! We had a mouse in our house (Ha!) just a few months ago, crawled into the baby's play pen, that's where I killed it too. No baby in it though. That play pen got a major cleaning too! Isn't owning a home great?!?!?!

Amanda said...

So the first thing that came to my mind when I read this post was "Friends." Remember Phoebe's rat Bob? And then all of Bob's babies? And when Mike made the quote about remembering when their lives weren't centered around rat babies? HA ha.....

Allison Murray said...

wow, brian wasn't kidding about what hte mouse looked like! SO good to see you tonight!