Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Don't you wanna Fanta Fanta?


I do not love soda. I do love Fanta, however. I think the obsession began in Guatemala. From there every where we travel we have to try the different flavors of Fanta. Mandarin Tangerine in Finland, Blue Orange in Greece, Exotic Thrill in Denmark, etc... Orange is still my favorite, strawberry a close second, but my least favorite is fruit punch. It's sneaky because it looks like strawberry. The first time I saw fruit punch was about 2 1/2 years ago. I was traveling with my family and I was so excited I bought a 12 pack and carried it home so my friends could enjoy it with me. We opened it, savored the sound of the fizzing soda and then took giant gulps. Big mistake. It was awful. We had 9 left and couldn't justify throwing them away. So when people came over my roommates and I would offer them the Fanta. They all got the same look on their faces--like they didn't want us to know it was so gross, but didn't want to finish it either. Hilarious. Today I fell victim to that darn fruit punch Fanta again. I was at Costco and got overly excited that they had Fanta at the soda machine that I didn't even read the label. I should have known.