Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I Think I've arrived!

There have been a few milestones I've reached lately which are making me start to feel like an adult. I've always used the phrase "when I grow up." I think I may actually be "grown up."

~I just had the birthday in which I do feel a need to start lying about my age
~I have a mortgage (most of the reasons stem from this one)
~ I have a garden, complete with shovels and a hose
~Today I got so excited about buying furniture!
~Most of my shopping is done at Home Depot
~I use coupons at the grocery store
~I have a retirement plan at work
~My idea of a fun Friday night is painting the bathroom
~I know what words like escrow mean
~I signed a renters contract, but I signed the landlord part (don't worry, I think I'm a pretty cool landlord, and the girls are my friends)
~I have food storage

And with all of this evidence, on Sunday I went to Logan's class at church (he teaches the 16-17 year olds) and I was confused as a 16-17 year old visitor. I'm sure I'll appreciate this later, everyone tells me I will. Of course, my big fear in life is that I'll go through my 20's and 30's looking like I'm 18, and then wake up one day at 40 and look 50-60 and completely miss my prime.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Teeny-
Try having a baby-it really makes you feel grown up. Wait-don't actually have a baby yet! And I know how you feel about being mistaken for a teen. I hate the question-"what grade are you in?" And now people look at me and think "How sad, another teen mother!"


ps-does that mean I should be lying about my age too?

Logg said...

Beyond cute.
And you failed to mention that you were the envy of all the girls in my Sunday school class. Lets face it they all have crushes on me.

Bec, Tim and Boys said...

Kristen, I love reading your blog! One Christmas I got a Salad Spinner and was so excited about it. Definitely a grown up item. I know what you mean. When I had Matthew I felt like a teenager pretending to be grown up. I went to the store with all 3 kids yesterday and felt like one of those mean moms everyone gives dirty looks to. Definitely grown up.
Cute picture!

The Perkes Family said...

What a cute picture of you. I am one of the only people reading this that knew you back then :) A lot of time has passed. Sometimes I am in denial of adulthood too. And don't worry, I don't think you will miss your prime. The youthful look is what everyone else is trying to obtain.